List of Graduate scholarships
Now you just finished your undergraduate degree; it’s time to think about your next move. You can start searching for information about graduate schools and graduate scholarships to fund your graduate studies.
Here is a list of Canada graduate scholarships.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program “helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.” The scholarships are offered by the Vanier CGS value $50,000 per year.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and or engineering research
- Social sciences and or humanities research
FiNCAD (Masters/Ph.D. Degree)
The scholarship is open to women who are studying finance in graduate level. If you see the current scholarship is closed, you can apply for next year. The value of the award is US$10,000.
The International Peace Scholarship Fund is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. The maximum amount that they award to a student is $12,500. lesser amount may be awared based on individual needs. If you see the current scholarship is closed, you can try to apply for the next year.
This graduate fellowship is open to all students regardless of their citizenships. The students need to have academic standing with a minimum of 3.75 GPA (above B+) in each of the last two years of study at the recognized university based on a Bachelor, Master’s Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral Degree.
- PhD - $18,000
- Master’s - $14,000
- $17,500 for 12 months, one time
- Be Canadian citizen or Permanent resident of Canada
- Master’s program
If you see the current scholarship is closed, you apply for the next year. Visit the website for more information.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master’s or doctoral level at a Canadian university with a CGS M allocation
- have completed, as of December 31, 2016, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent)
- not have previously held a CGS M award;
- have achieved a first-class average (3.7 GPA or A- average at U of T), in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); and
- submit a maximum of one CGS M application per year to either CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC (Research Portal will allow the application to be submitted to a maximum of five institutions).
Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s from University of Toronto.
Visit U of T website for more information.
Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s from University of Western Ontario.
Visit the website for more information.
The following scholarships are awarded through the annual Graduate Award Competition (GAC):
- Izaak Walton Killam Doctoral Scholarships
- Open Doctoral Scholarships
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarships
- Special Awards
The scholarship are awarded up to $36,000
More scholarship information, visit University of Calgary website.
These are some graduate scholarship information we have gathered so far. Let us know in the comment below if you have more to add to the list.